Environmental, Health and Safety Management
SWS Environmental Services is dedicated to providing a safe and healthful working environment for all of its employees. We achieve this mission by promoting our culture and values where employee health and safety are paramount in each and every endeavor. We actively promote and maintain these beliefs in everything we do including the implementation of our Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Management systems. By implementing these systems effectively, our services demonstrate improved productivity and financial benefits over our competition. By consistently focusing efforts toward management and leadership mentoring, employee participation, planning, evaluation and corrective actions, and continual management review, our business objectives are obtained.
SWS Environmental Services is committed to being the safest environmental contractor in the country. By complying with our safety policies and procedures and by empowering everyone with the right, responsibility and resources to makes safe decisions, we strive to accomplish our goals. Our ultimate goal is to prevent all personal injuries.
- All injuries and accidents are preventable
- Safety is a way of life and part of everything we do, both on and off the job
- We must always lead by example
- A strong, visible, felt leadership commitment to safety is imperative
- Teamwork across departments and involvement by all is critical to safety success
- To eliminate injuries and accidents, we must recognize professionalism in safety and address unsafe work habits
- Everyone has the responsibility to ensure a safe work environment
- No job is so important, no service so urgent that we cannot take time to perform all work safely
- Anyone has the authority to stop work to abate and/or communicate hazards
Safety Briefing Guidelines
Effective briefings at the beginning of and throughout our workday make us more aware of our surroundings and better prepared to recognize and avoid potential hazards.